AZBros Challenge: Halloween (Super Mario Maker)
Hello and welcome to the very first AZBros Challenge for Super Mario Maker! Where we give you the task of creating a level centered around a specific theme or concept. And seeing as though the month of October is upon us, we have decided to put forth the challenge to see who can create the best Halloween course. But let us not forget, with every challenge comes rules, and of course, a prize!
- The most important rule for this challenge is, YOUR COURSE MUST BE HALLOWEEN THEMED. I’ll go over a few examples of what I mean by “Halloween themed”. So, this doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be something like going trick-or-treating or carving a pumpkin. Yes, those two options are very Halloween themed and will definitely work, but I don’t want to hold you to only things like this. Anything that’s scary or horror related will qualify as Halloween themed. So for example, a graveyard or a haunted house will definitely work for this challenge as well.
- All items and sound effects are fair game, just make sure you stick to the theme.
- You may use whatever game you’d like (Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, New Super Mario Bros).
- You may use whatever theme you’d like (Ground, Underground, Airship, Underwater, Boo House, Bowser’s Castle).
- Once you’ve created your course, you’ll have to enter it into the AZBros Challenge for it to be eligible for the prize. In order to do that, simply go to our Twitter account, @AZBros, or our Twitch, Twitch.tv/AZBros, and send us a message with your course ID as well as #AZBrosChallenge. Here’s an example of how it should look: ID: 51F7-0000-00CB-A58A #AZBrosChallenge.
There you have it, these are the rules and guidelines for this challenge. We really want to see what you guys can come up with, that’s why we have very few restrictions. So be creative and think outside of the box for this challenge, don’t hold anything back, give us the best Halloween inspired course you can think of. If you have any questions about the rules and guidelines, please don’t be afraid to ask, I’ll do my best to clear things up for you. There are many ways to contact us, of course, the comment sections is always a good place. However, if you’d like to contact us directly, the best way to do that will be when we go live on Twitch.tv/AZBros, or, you can contact us on Twitter at either @AZBros or @LockjawAZB.
AZBros Challenge: Halloween will run from October 10th – October 24th, and the winner of the challenge will be announced on Halloween!
Now since this is the first AZBros Challenge, the prize is going to be quite basic this time around. For becoming the winner of this AZBros Challenge, you will be rewarded with a Main Course of your level (if you are unaware of what a Main Course is, here are a few examples). So allow me to elaborate on what exactly you can expect from this prize. When your level is chosen as a Main Course, we will do a full playthrough of it and put it on our Youtube Channel. Furthermore, we will do a complete write-up about your course and let everyone know why it was chosen as champion of the AZBros Challenge. Once we have completed the write-up, your Main Course will be featured on the front page of AZBros.com for all to see and check out for themselves. And that’s about it, so good luck to any and all who attempt to claim this prize and have your Halloween themed level crowned the winner of the very first AZBros Challenge in Super Mario Maker!
Thank you all for checking out our Halloween inspired AZBros Challenge. I hope many of you will decide to enter and have a good time. Because after all, that’s the purpose of these challenges, to do your best and have fun. Once again, please ask any questions you may have at any of the social media links I listed earlier. Also, please give us some suggestions for future challenges in the comment section below. As always, I’m Lockjaw, and I’ll see you next time!